New Zealand offers a range of visa options for partners and children, which are quite dynamic in its own way.

In the event that you are an accomplice of a New Zealand inhabitant and wish to move to New Zealand to join your accomplice, you should apply for a home in New Zealand. Your accomplice should be a New Zealand resident or occupant and be qualified to support you.


If you are applying for a New Zealand visa based on your relationship, you and your partner will need to meet certain criteria.

  1. Your partnership needs to be genuine and stable.
  2. You must be living with your partner.
  3. You must meet health and character requirements.
  4. You must have the support of your partner.
  5. Your partner must be eligible to support your application.

Check the specific requirements for your situation as they vary for temporary and resident visas.


Your dependent children can apply to join you in New Zealand.

1.Temporary visa

Your dependent children can also apply for student or visitor visas to be with you in New Zealand.

School-aged dependent children need a student visa to be able to attend primary, intermediate or secondary schools. Children younger than school age can apply for a visitor visa. A student visa is not needed and will not be granted to attend pre-school in New Zealand, as it’s not mandatory.

2.Resident visa

Your dependent children can be included as secondary applicants in your residence application.

If you’re already a New Zealand citizen or resident, your children can apply under the dependent child category. If they’re over 16, they may need to meet English language requirements, under certain cases.