What is a Canada Permanent Resident or PR?
A permanent resident is the one who has been given permanent resident status by immigrate to Canada but is not a Canadian citizen. Thus, permanent residents are the citizens of other countries who can be a student or foreign worker.
Apex Consultants helps in Canada Immigration process provides immigrants end-to-end immigration solutions to applicants who are looking for immigration. We can assist you with all the necessary documentation and Canada immigration eligibility. With our experienced and dedicated Canadian immigration agents, we provide you with the best Canada immigration services in Dubai knowledge and excellent services.
Becoming a Permanent Resident in Canada
Firstly, Canada is a place that is known for the opportunity. Due to this, a huge number of individuals seek to become permanent residents and get their PR cards every year. Indeed, Canada has been expanding the number of fruitful candidates every year. Furthermore, the Canadian government intends to welcome 351,000 people to become permanent residents in 2021 and that number keeps on growing!
Decide whether You’re Eligible for a Permanent Resident Status
Figure your score in the CRS system for Canada Immigration Express Entry. Add all the points that you may acquire through analyzing the categories of age, level of education, official language proficiency, second official language, and Canadian work experience. Moreover, candidates need to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to help themselves and their families unless they can legally work or have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
Anyone is permitted to apply for permanent residency in Canada however just qualified people will be acknowledged. To know whether you are eligible you must satisfy some basic grounds
- Level of instruction
- Official language capability
- Second authority language
- Canadian work experience
Advantages of Becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident
There are numerous advantages when becoming a permanent resident likewise foreign nationals look forward to when beginning a new life in Canada. Some of these advantages include:
- Canadian legislative issues- Citizens in Canada have a greater voice and thus, able to vote in federal, provincial, and municipal elections. Residents likewise have the opportunity to pursue positions and become engaged with political exercises. Briefly, they have a say in who runs the various levels of government that exist in Canada.
- High-level jobs- Citizens have the ability to apply for higher-level government jobs. In short they often pay very well and accompany benefits.
- Dual citizenship- As a Canadian resident, you are not required to choose Canada as your primary home country. If applicable, you may apply for dual citizenship.
- Family- When a child is born in Canada, they are consequently considered a Canadian resident. This in turn, allows you to start a better life for any future children without them going through an immigration acceptance process.
- Taxes- You may not be therefore needed to pay Canadian taxes if you become a Canadian resident and decided to live somewhere else. As a rule, they are based on residency instead of citizenship.
Canada PR Period of Stay
The PR Card is usually issued for 5 years and can be renewed. However to keep your permanent resident status you should remain in Canada for 730 days within those 5 years.
5 Main Categories for Canadian Permanent Residents
- Express Entry
Express Entry program manages applications for permanent residence for immigrants who can fill jobs where there is an absence of available skilled Canadian workers through certain economic immigration programs.
- Business Immigration
Canada’s Business Immigration Program is a way to invest and find employment in Canada for those immigrants and newbies who have experience in owning, managing, or investing in businesses.
- Family Class Immigration
Family sponsorship is an approach to reunite families in Canada. In fact, Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their family members to immigrate to Canada through a few sponsorship programs.
- Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program planned to help temporary foreign workers and foreign students to apply further for their work experience and education towards their applications for residency.
- Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program or PNP is a program for workers who have the skills, education, and work experience to add to the economy of a particular Canadian province or Territory. Since each province and territory has its own streams and programs that focus on students, business people, skilled workers, and semi-skilled workers.
How would I utilize the Express Entry System for a PR visa?
A candidate applying for the PR visa through the Express Entry program should pass through a points-based selection system. Altogether, the Express Entry System mainly comprises of three sub-categories:
- Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
If you are a skilled worker, you can register for a PR visa under the Federal Skilled Workers Program. This program was initiated by the Canadian government in 2015 to encourage skilled workers to come and settle in the country. However, to qualify under this, you should be able to get 67 points out of 100 in the eligibility factors given below:
- Age- People between 18-35 get the maximum points
- Education- Education qualifications equivalent to higher secondary education in Canada
- Work Experience- One year of full-time work experience is needed for minimum points
- Language Eligibility- At the minimum 6 bands in the IELTS test
- Adaptability- Spouse or common-law partner willing to move with you to Canada adds 10 points
- Arranged employment- A job offer from a Canadian proprietor adds 10 points