- This points-based visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory. A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia and eligible family members can be included in the application.
- The Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa replaced both the offshore Skilled – Sponsored Subclass 176 visa and the onshore Subclass 886 visa in 2012-2013.
To be able to submit a valid application for this visa you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through Skill Select. You can do this in or outside Australia. If you are nominated by a state or territory and meet the basic requirements for this visa, you will then receive an invitation to apply.
Application conditions for this:
Applications are by invitation only. To be invited to apply, you must:
- You need to have experience in a nominated occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List, AND;
- You need to have a skills assessment with the relevant assessing authority for that occupation and also need to submit an Expression of Interest
- You need to be older than 18 and less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued
meet general Skilled Migration basic requirements, which including English language, health, and character checks
be able to score at least 60 on the points test.
You can include the following family members in your visa application:
- your partner
- your or your partner’s dependent child
- your or your partner’s dependent relative.
Employment obligations which you may face;
There are some obligations that states or territories will require you to meet. These include that you:
- You need to stay in that state or territory that nominated you for at least two years
- You have to keep the state or territory informed of any changes to your address
complete surveys and provide information when asked.
This visa allows you and your accompanying family members to:
- Firstly, live and work permanently in Australia
- You can study in Australia
- You can also enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
access certain social security payments
apply for Australian citizenship (subject to residency criteria)
- Even you can sponsor relatives for permanent residence.
Processing: Priority processing arrangements apply to this visa. They determine the order in which Australian immigration considers applications regardless of when they have been submitted.