The Quebec immigration selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers is mainly designed to identify immigration candidates who are most likely to become economically established in the province or wants to be a permanent citizen.
Skilled Worker applicants
The immigrants who intend to reside in Montreal / another city or region within the province of Quebec are assessed under a different system that applicants who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada.
Quebec has self-rule in its migration interaction dissimilar to different areas in Canada, it has different movement programs that permit them to choose migrants who can without much of a stretch adjust to day-by-day life in the territory and help in the financial improvement of the region. For you to live as a perpetual occupant in Quebec, you can apply through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
It is developed by the Government of Quebec and the Canadian Federal Government, the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) enables highly educated and trained foreign nationals to immigrate to Quebec as skilled workers. Prospective immigrants who apply to the Skilled Worker Quebec Program are evaluated according to a selection grid of factors. And applicants who score enough points are given a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) which is very important as they can then use to apply for Canadian permanent residency.
- Anyone 18-years or above can submit a profile to QSWP’s Expression of Interest Bank.
- Profiles in the bank will receive a score based on factors including skilled work experience, education or training, proficiency in French / English, financial security and others.
- All profiles will have to meet the minimum required score of two points in education (secondary school general diploma) and receive the one point that is awarded for financial self-sufficiency.
- The points awarded for most QSWP selection factors are the same as those awarded under the current QSWP point’s grid but with the exception of a Validated Employment Offer, which increases from a maximum of 10 to 14 points.
- Some variables under the “Stay and Family in Quebec” factor is also weighted differently, though the maximum points under this factor remain 8.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program Selection Factors: Categories Points
- Education up to 14 points- (Cut-off score 2 points)
- Area of Training up to 12 points
- Work Experience up to 8 points
- Age up to 16 points
- Language Proficiency up to 22 points
- Stay and Family in Quebec up to 8 points
- Characteristics up to 17 points(Spouse / Common-law partner)
- Valid Job Offer up to 14 points
- Presence of Accompanying Children up to 8 points
- Profiles that meet the initial requirements for education and financial self-sufficiency must then meet the required cut-off score of 43 points for a grouping of factors called Employability, which is based on a candidate’s score in education and training, work experience, age, language proficiency, time spent in Quebec and family in Quebec and also the validated employment offer. A job offer is an added bonus but is not required in order to be eligible for the QSWP.
- The Employ ability cut-off score for candidates with a spouse or common-law partner is 52. In addition to the six factors above, the additional factor of a spouse’s education and training, work experience and language proficiency are also considered.
- Candidates who meet the Employ ability cut-off score must then meet the minimum threshold under a grouping of factors called Selection, which is a passing score of 50 points (59 with a spouse or common-law partner). This step takes into account the points awarded under the six factors considered for Employability, with the addition of children and the financial self-sufficiency. A spouse or common-law partner’s education and training, work experience, and language proficiency are also applied in such cases.
Benefits You Need To Know of Quebec Migration:
Though a French-dominated central province of Canada, the language stands no barrier for you to migrate to Quebec. The province of Quebec caters to its immigrants with not just a strong economy and natural beauty but also with a variety of immigration programs which are in favor of the immigrants. Once an immigrant has successfully met the immigration criteria (which differs from the rest of the country), the province offers a high standard of living. The applicants are not restricted by age, however, applicants of age group 20-35 and those having knowledge of French and English languages are given preference.
Migrate to Quebec for Educational and Employment benefits:
- Easy access to public infrastructure and transportation.
- Subsidized rates for health facilities, insurance coverage, and education. With vibrant society and multi-cultural ambiance, the province is an apt choice to raise a family.
- It also offers a world-class educational system with preferential fees for the permanent residents at any reputed universities.
- Quebec offers efficient private and public health care systems and provides Canadian passport for international travel.
- It provides a safe, secure and serene environment for its inhabitants.
- The province caters to efficient social security to its citizens and offers financial aid to the poor or needy.
- The immigration procedures are swift and multiple opportunities are provided.
- The province contributes to the administration programs for business and technological development as main assets.
- Quebec offers a wide range of employment opportunities to the immigrants and also helps them develop professionally and personally.
- The employers of Quebec province offer their employees with benefits such as insurance policy, maternity leave and family holidays which in turn allows the employees to maintain a balance between personal and professional life.
- Quebec is one of the sought destinations among the aspirant immigrants, who wish to migrate to Quebec for employment opportunities.
- Immigrants who wish to migrate to Quebec for employment purposes can apply under these programs:
Quebec Skilled Worker Program
Quebec Investor Program
Quebec Experiences Class Program
- The applicants are processed on the bases of their ability and skills thereby increasing the economic scenario in the province.
- Preference is given to those who are proficient in both French and English language as these languages are mainly used in Quebec.