Manitoba Business Investor Immigration (Visa Service)
The Business Investor Stream is now closed for Expressions of Interest. The stream will reopen after the criteria changes have been implemented:
|NEW (BIS) CRITERIA IN EFFECT||2018|
*Effective dates are dependent on updates to the MPNP Online application system and are subject to change.
The renewed Business Investor Stream (BIS) will replace the current PNP-B business immigration category. BIS allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business investors and entrepreneurs from around the world who have the intent and ability to start or purchase businesses in Manitoba within the first 24 months of arrival in Canada on a temporary work permit. Applicants will no longer be required to submit a deposit of $100,000 to the Manitoba government.
Manitoba Business Investor Stream (BIS)
Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream (BIS), formerly the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business, or MPNP-B, is designed to attract experienced business owners and entrepreneurs who want to start a business or establish a farm in Manitoba, this program is highly useful for them.
As the BIS allows the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) to recruit and nominate qualified international business investors and entrepreneurs who intend to and are capable of starting or purchasing a business in Manitoba or partnering in an existing one.
The BIS consists of the following business immigration pathways:
✓ Entrepreneur Pathway; and
✓ Farm Investor Pathway.
Business Investor Stream – Entrepreneur Pathway: These are some of the criteria and minimum requirement –
- Business Experience Requirement
- Minimum of three years ful of full-time work experience in the past five years either as an active business owner or working in a senior management role of a successful business.
- Business owners are given higher points in comparison to senior managers.
- Business owners must have at least 33 1/3% ownership to qualify for points.
- Official Languages Proficiency Requirement:
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 5
- Education Requirement:
- Minimum Canadian high school certificate equivalent
- Age Requirement:
- No minimum or maximum age; however, ranking points are allocated to candidates 25 to 49 years of age.
- Business Research Visit Requirement:
- A Business Plan is required and is an integral part of the application.
- A business research visit:
- Allows the applicant to conduct extensive research of their future business investment or proposal.
- The Business Research Visit must be conducted no more than one year prior to the submission of your EOI.
- Business Investment Requirement:
- The minimum investment is $250,000 for businesses situated in the Manitoba Capital Region.
- The minimum investment is $150,000 if a business is situated outside of the Manitoba Capital Region.
- Business Investment must be made in an eligible business as defined by the MPNP.
- The proposed business must create or maintain at least one job for a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident in Manitoba (excluding owners of the business and/or their close relatives).
- Adaptability Requirement:
Points will be allocated to you if:
- Your spouse has CLB/NCLC 5 or higher;
- You or your spouse have CLB/NCLC 5 or higher in the Second Official Language;
- You or your spouse or common-law partner have a close relative currently residing in Manitoba for more than one year;
- Your child is enrolled in an accredited Manitoba educational institution and is actively pursuing academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis for at least six months prior to the date of submission of EOI; and/or
- You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner have completed a program of full-time study for at least one year at a post-secondary institution in Manitoba.
- You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner must have done this after you turned 17 years old and with a valid study permit;
- You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner have completed at least six months of continuous full-time employment in Manitoba. A letter of reference from the employer and a copy of the work permit must be provided.
- Business Performance Agreement Requirement:
- After an application is approved, a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) must be signed prior to the MPNP issuing you a letter of support for applying for a work permit.
- Net Worth Requirement:
- Minimum of $500,000
- Your personal net worth will be verified by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP. A verification report, along with the application, must be submitted to the MPNP within 120 days of receiving your LAA.
Manitoba Farm Investor Pathway: Application Process
The Farm Investor Pathway (FIP) replaces the MPNP’s previous Farm Strategic Initiative. Similar to entrepreneurs, farm investors must follow seven steps when applying to the program. However, the application process differs from that of the Entrepreneur Pathway.
Manitoba Farm Investor Pathway Intermediate Application Process:
✓ The Farm Investor Pathway (FIP) replaces the MPNP’s previous Farm Strategic Initiative. Similar to entrepreneurs, farm investors must follow seven steps when applying to the program.
✓ The application process differs from that of the Entrepreneur Pathway.
✓ Among other Farm Investor Pathway eligibility requirements, prospective applicants must:
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of CAD $500,000;
- have a minimum of three years (3) farm ownership, as well as experience in managing farm operations supported by verifiable documents;
And demonstrate adaptability, specifically relating to practical farming skills, technical knowledge, and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba’s current primary farm production industry.
EXECUTION OF THE PROCESS: